GNM :(General Nursing & Midwifery/INC- Approved)
General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) Course seeks to prepare the general nurse to be able to function as a member of the health team and possess the required competence for the first level position both in Hospital and the community. The course will serve as a basis for advanced study and specialization in Nursing.
- To prepare nurses with a sound educational program in nursing to enable them to function as efficient members of the health team, beginning with the competencies for first level positions in all kinds of health care setting.
- To help nurses develop an ability to co-operate and co-ordinate with members of the health team in the prevention of disease, promotion of health and rehabilitation of the sick.
- To serve as a base for further professional education and specialization in nursing.
- To prepare nurses to keep pace with latest professional and technological developments and use these for providing nursing care services
The nurse on the completion of this course will be able to-
- Demonstrate competency in providing in health care to individual, sick or well, using nursing process.
- Assess the nursing need of clients from birth to death.
- Plan and carry out appropriate action to meet nursing needs.
- Provide effective nursing care for maintaining best possible level of health in all possible level.
- Apply knowledge from the humanities, biological and behavioral sciences in functioning as a nurse.
- Function effectively with members of the health team and community applying the knowledge of human relations and communication skills in her work.
- Recognize the need for continuing education for professional development.
- Assist in research activities.
- COURSE DURATION : 3 years ( as per rules & Regulation INC )
Age Requirement : Mast be between 17-35
Eligibility :10 +2 pass from any recognized Board equivalently Board of H.S,
Education Minimam : 40% General, 35% SC/ST
- DOCUMENTS REQUIRED : Residential Certificate (S.D.O) & School leaving Certificate (H.S),& Migration Certificate,(,H.S) Madhyamik & 10+2 (H.S) Admit Card +Marks Card +Certificate, Original with 3 sets photo copies Pass Port size Photograph (7 Copy) Stem size (3 copy) = 10 Copy, & Aadhaar card/Ration card, photo copies .